Back To Blog
How Google maps transform industries
17.08.2022 | 3 mins
Millions of people worldwide rely on Google Maps to help them locate the right restaurant, the most excellent hotels, or the nearby bank. So why not use the same logic for your platform? It allows you to add relevant material that your visitors will find valuable and alter the map’s appearance and feel to match your design. Let us guide you through Google maps and its useful features you can use for your business!
Millions of people worldwide rely on Google Maps to help them locate the right restaurant, the most excellent hotels, or the nearby bank.
So why not use the same logic for your platform? It allows you to add relevant material that your visitors will find valuable and alter the map’s appearance and feel to match your design.
What features does Google maps provide?
- Using latitude and longitude, you can find any location on a map.
- Personalized information about sites a user wants to visit.
- Users can see how far they have traveled and create a timeline to keep track of the places they visit.
- Google maps provides real-time traffic data and suggestions for other routes to avoid traffic.
- The Google database also contains information on local transportation services, which can help learn more about the public transportation options available.
- Satellite view: satellite view allows the user to gaze at the planet from a specific location.
- One may also become a “Local Guide” for Google Maps, which allows the user to add locations to Google Maps and recommend changes to the current information.
- Google maps also have reviews you can utilize for client engagement.
- Users can also download the map for offline usage.
In what industries can you use Google maps to create value for your business?
More than a million companies use Google maps, with 150 million active users.
One of the most prominent examples is Uber; they hail their majority business through maps.
- Retail & Consumer service
- Real estate
- Transportation / Automotive
- Restaurants / Hospitality
- Information technology & services
- Software as a service
What are the alternatives available to Google maps?
How can you incorporate Google maps into your business?
The Google maps platform has an Android “Software Development Kit” (SDK). You can obtain the API key and configuration instructions from their website.
Similarly, there is an iOS SDK for Google maps that you can use to incorporate into your iOS app.
Have any further questions? Let’s talk! We have helped many companies integrate Google maps to create value for their business, and we for sure can help you too!
MobileFolk – Bringing the world closer.